• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

seattle

Field Marshal
50 Badges
Apr 2, 2004
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Honor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
All made possible by the "Sardegna Gambit":
Since Switzerland possesses no ports, I started the game invading Sardinia-Piedmont. In the following peace deal I demanded Savoie and Sardegna.

The latter proved to be a bonanza and vital to my imperial ambitions. The benefits of Sardegna are two-fold:
1. The island provides you with precious metals which single-handedly rids you of any monetary issues for the remainder of the game.
2. It grants you naval access.

After Sardegna I built up my defenses to fend off envious aggressors. Afterwards my focus lay on techs that lower life rating conditions (machine guns, nationalism) to get an edge in the colonial race.

And an edge I got! Even though France and Spain were first in Africa, I beat them to every region. Whenever they began colonizing a region, I did likewise with the assistance of a single cavalry division. This pretty much triples the process, so even when they were ahead, I could easily intercept them.

My Swiss empire currently has a population of 63 mio. people and I'm ranked 5th in the world.

swissempire2.jpg

swissempire.jpg

Dutch Latvia? Awesome!

Why didn't you invade Sokoto though? US SoI?

Dutch Latvia? Awesome!

Why didn't you invade Sokoto though? US SoI?

No, my SoI. I was just tired of conquest, so I SoI'ed them. Could use the "GTFO"-mod that lets me kick'em out of my SoI...
The last years are brutal speed-wise. Will report back once the game is finished (should be any hour now...)

Game is finished now. No changes in Europe. Asia is a big problem:
swiss1935asia.jpg

The British conquest of China leads to a gigantic British Empire with over a billion citizens and 5k+ brigades. Russia fields the largest navy in the world...
swiss1935comp.jpg

My POPs... got a lot of immigrants from USA, England and Germany in recent decades.
swiss1935pops.jpg

Finished in 4th place. Industry really kicked off once I granted statehood to nearly all of my African colonies. I always put the NF bureaucrats in two regions at the same time. I always went for the regions with the largest share of Swiss people. That's the fastest way. Once a full-fledged state, my capitalists built tons of factories. The other 4 NFs were used to raise capitalists and one for immigration in Sardegna (precious metals). My largest factory was expanded to level 50 with almost 300.000 employees.
swiss1935final.jpg

Noooooo - Britain, why must you haunt me everywhere I go? :p Dutch Latvia is awesome indeed. Although it makes me feel like there should be an independent Gotland as well... :)

That's a seriously impressive confederation. Might I ask if you've got cores on Africa, and if so where? It seems like you were able to get a great literacy rate too - I imagine getting statehood and focusing on promotions helped steamroll that, but still. Very nice indeed!

Might I ask if you've got cores on Africa, and if so where? It seems like you were able to get a great literacy rate too - I imagine getting statehood and focusing on promotions helped steamroll that, but still. Very nice indeed!

I got cores on about half of my African possessions. I'm glad the game has ended though. Every other second an event popped up that congratulated me on my latest core. F***********ck you, bloody event!!!
Sorry, what was I sayin'?

Literacy periodically dropped when I granted statehood to a colony. Switzerland starts with high literacy anyways, so it wasn't all that difficult. I also rushed all the assimilation techs to get more people into my accepted culture which helps a lot.

Brilliant! I've got to try this myself!

That's pretty cool...